Age of Sigmar: Generals Handbook 2019
The General’s Handbook is an essential update for all gamers in the Mortal Realms, packed with content for every kind of player. Expanding on the core rules, it’s an essential companion to matched play, toolbox for open play and treasure trove for narrative play all in one!
Inside this year’s softback General’s Handbook, you'll find…
The Player’s Code – a code of conduct for players of Warhammer Age of Sigmar designed to encourage sportsmanship and good play for all gamers.
New rules for open play, including...
The Open War Army Generator – designed to generate armies for any kind of open play games, making the process of picking an army for your games quick and simple by selecting a small, medium, or large force.
Open War Terrain – presents four different methods of setting terrain up before your games, including an optional terrain generator, and optional rules to provide instructions for where you place terrain on your battlefield.
Open War Close-quarters Battle Generator – turn your dining table into an epic battlefield with rules for playing in limited spaces.
Hidden Agendas – spice up your games secondary objectives that represent the secret goals of the armies fighting a battle.
New rules for narrative play, including:
- Streets of Death – expanded rules for urban combat in the Mortal Realms, allowing you to battle through cities with rules for narrow streets, demolitions, sewers, barricades and more
- Arcane objectives – a table that adds extra narrative dimensions to the objectives in your games
- Regiments of Renown – customise your chosen units to represent their prowess in battle with six tables of special abilities
- Elixia, the Shattered City – a historical setting in the Mortal Realms that’s perfect for small-scale narrative battles
- Raids and Ambushes – thrilling asymmetric battles where one player ambushes or raids a defender.
- Naming your Heroes – generate names for your chosen champions with tables for the Stormcast Eternals, Slaves to Darkness, Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Skaven, Ironjawz, Gloomspite Gitz, Idoneth Deepkin, and Nighthaunt
- Mercenary Companies – recruit notorious mercenaries to any army, regardless of Grand Alliance, from Gargants to Fyreslayers
New rules for matched play, including:
- Updated rules for Pitched Battles – including guidance on army size, points limits, battlefield roles, allied units, warscroll battalions and more, essential for tournament play
- 12 Pitched Battle battleplans – each offering their own tactical challenges
- Pitched Battle tournaments – a set of rules designed to help you arrange your own tournaments that can be modified as you see fit
- Meeting Engagements – a set of rules that let you play fast, balanced games on small-sized battlefields designed to provide all the thrills of matched play in less than 90 minutes, plus six new Meeting Engagement Battleplans and suggested tournament rules
Conquest Unbound – updated allegiance abilities, including battle traits, command traits and artefacts of power for Darkling Covens, Dispossessed, Free Peoples, Seraphon, Wanderers, Slaves to Darkness, and Ironjawz
Pitched Battle Profiles – a separate, 32-page booklet containing pitched battle points values, unit sizes and battlefield roles for the units you can use in games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, also including scenery, endless spells, Compendium and Forge World models
About This Edition
Only available while stocks last, this Warlord Edition of the General’s Handbook includes a host of exclusive accessories in addition to the softback General’s Handbook 2019 and Pitched Battle Profiles booklet, including:
30x battleplan cards supplied in a card sleeve – 20x matched play battleplan cards, 6x Meeting Engagement battleplan cards, 4x narrative play battleplan cards
13x scenery warscroll cards supplied in a card sleeve
135x small format cards – 4 decks each supplied in a card sleeve:
Deck 1 – 36x Force cards
Deck 2 – 36x Open War generator cards (12 maps, 6 Objectives, 6 Twists, 6 Ruses, 6 Sudden Death)
Deck 3 – 6x Triumph cards, 18 x Hidden Agenda cards, 10x Mercenary Company cards.
Deck 4 – 11x Arcane Objective cards, 18x Open War Terrain cards
1x double-sided card token sheet featuring 6 objective markers, 3 starstrike markers, 2 summoning rulers, 6 command point markers, 24 terrain markers to mark the following effects: Damned, Arcane, Inspiring, Deadly, Mystical, Sinister, Overgrown, Entangling, Volcanic, Commanding, Healing, and Nullification, 6 Battleshock markers, and 1 Mystic Shield marker.
Due to Games Workshop Trade Terms we can only ship this product within the UK and to the following European territories; Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, the Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden & Switzerland.
Please note that if we currently hold no stock in store, this product will be stocked to order from the supplier. This normally takes 5-10 days, but is subject to the manufacturers own stocks. If we becomes aware that we will be unable to dispatch your order within this standard period, we will contact you immediately with a revised estimate of when stock will instead be available, and will happily provide a full refund on the unavailable product/s if requested.