BATTLETOME: KHARADRON OVERLORDS
Battletome: Kharadron Overlords introduces a new duardin army into the worlds of Warhammer Age of Sigmar. A militaristic, mercantile society detached completely from the other branches of duardin that populate the Mortal Realms, they treat war and trade as much the same thing – a means to amass wealth; and they excel at both. More than anything, they seek aether-gold – this lighter-than-air element is their society’s lifeblood, holding their cities aloft, fueling their ships and powering their elaborate armour. Great sky-fleets of warships descend from dozens of sky-ports when a rich seam is discovered; the Kharadron Overlords will fight bitterly to accrue this vital substance, and the status it brings.
In the 144-page softback Battletome: Kharadron Overlords, you’ll find:
- A detailed explanation of the Kharadron Overlords – how their floating cities, the sky-ports, are powered and populated, their motivations for acquiring aether-gold and their use of the Kharadron Code;
- Information on 6 of the most powerful and important sky-ports amongst the dozens – Barak-Mhornar, Barak-Zilfin, Barak-Thryng, Barak-Zon, Barak-Nar and Barak-Urbaz – explaining the differences in their attitudes toward life and the Code, with a map of locations;
- A timeline of Kharadron history – the exodus that formed them, the establishment of the unifying Kharadron Code and the discovery of aether-gold;
- Their economic system (complete with financial figures for the major sky-ports!), and the Guilds that keep this massive, vital chain of commerce moving;
- The core structure of a Kharadron sky-fleet: while each sky-port has its own quirks, each draws upon the same hierarchy when building a fleet;- Uniform guides, heraldries and colour schemes for each of the 6 sky-ports detailed in the Battletome, with descriptions of the units and skyvessels each skyport fields.
- The Sky-Ports: each of the 6 named sky-ports in the Battletome have their own unique interpretation of the Kharadron Code, meaning their armies vary wildly in terms of play style – this includes unique Abilities and Artefacts of Power, and unique amendments to the included Warscroll Battalions:- Barak-Nar armies are masters of science, and are adept at unbinding the spells of their enemies using aethermatics;
- Barak-Zilfin armies are the finest aeronautical sailors, whose units can move and dodge with unprecedented speed;
- Barak-Zon armies seek glory in valour, and rarely shy away from a fight, charging in and attacking with gusto
;- Barak-Urbaz armies are alchemical geniuses, with a higher capacity for artefacts of power;
- Barak-Mhornar armies are indefatigable opportunists, striking suddenly from unexpected quarters;
- Barak-Thryng armies hold unbreakable grudges, and will fight to the death until scores are settled;
- Allegiance Abilities, Command Traits and Battle Traits for armies who belong to sky-ports other than the 6 named in the book – combine Artycles, Amendments and Footnotes to assemble your own interpretation of the Kharadron Code;
- Artefacts of Power: Great Endrinworks to be assigned to any Kharadron Skyvessel with Aethermatic Weapons and Treasures of the Sky-Ports for Kharadron heroes;
- 5 Battleplans: fight battles that epitomise the Kharadron Overlords’ way of war, with unique rules for each;
- 5 Warscroll Battalions, providing extra rules and special tactics for collections of miniatures;
- 12 Warscrolls, containing the rules for your Kharadron Overlord miniatures;
- Pitched Battle profiles with points values for every miniature and Warscroll Battalion;
- A guide to a Path to Glory campaign – create a warband to fight alongside a Hero, and gain favour throughout a series of battles, gaining followers, swelling the ranks and earning rewards, eventually cementing the warband’s place in history;
- Tips on building and deploying your force, with example armies featuring hints on deployment direct from the designers.
Painting & Modelling
- A guide to Citadel paints for the beginner, detailing how each paint type is applied and in what context;
- Detailed, stage-by-stage guides presenting the colours and techniques used to paint the armies of the 6 named sky-ports;
- Kharadron Features: this goes into that little bit more detail on certain aspects of Kharadron miniatures – the portholes, dome and optics, along with verdigris, a basic guide to markings, weathering and constructing scenic bases;
- Tips and tricks for streamlining and improving your hobby: sub-assemblies, kitbashing and painting artefacts.
Due to Games Workshop Trade Terms we can only ship this product within the UK and to the following European territories; Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, the Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden & Switzerland.
Please note that if we currently hold no stock in store, this product will be stocked to order from the supplier. This normally takes 5-10 days, but is subject to the manufacturers own stocks. If we becomes aware that we will be unable to dispatch your order within this standard period, we will contact you immediately with a revised estimate of when stock will instead be available, and will happily provide a full refund on the unavailable product/s if requested.